- Check in at the 4* Dersaadet Hotel, in a double room with breakfast included
- Free afternoon and evening
- Walk around Sultanhamet, the historic heart of Istanbul
- Visit the Hippodrome, the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the Yerebatan Saray
- Visit of the Topkapi Palace and its Harem, with the chance of having lunch at the Konyali Restaurant inside the Palace
- In the afternoon, take a tram or walk to the Grand Bazaar for a visit and some optional shopping
- In the evening, stroll along Istiklal Caddesi in Beyoglu to find a cozy cafe or bar for a drink before dinner
- Take public transportation (bus+tram – 50 minutes – 1.50$) or a taxi (20 minutes – around 4$) to Chora Church to see its Byzantine mosaics, and the City Walls
- After lunch, take the Metro (50 minutes – 2.50$) or a taxi (10 minutes – around 5$) and visit the Dolmabahçe Palace and the Yildiz Palace
Additional recommendation and optional tours
- Visit the Archaeological Museums and the Museum of Turkish and Islamic Arts, they are included in your Istanbul Museum Pass!
- Hop on a morning Bosphorus Cruise for 51$. Starting at 9am. Visit Ortakoy, a charming Istanbul neighborhood, Kucuksu Palace and the Rumeli Fortress. Included in this tour are the pick up and drop off to the hotel, snacks/soft drinks services, entrance fees and an English tour guide.
- Go on a Whirling Dervishes Ceremony in a historic building for 28$. Program starts at 19:00 with the classical Turkish music concert performed by a traditional orchestra for 15 minutes. Then the ceremony starts and lasts about 45 minutes under the amazing lighting and mystic atmosphere of Hodjapasha. Complimentary beverages and Turkish Delight service is available before the performance.
- Take the 15 minutes ferry from Eminonu to Uskudar, on the Asian side of the city, and explore this less touristy area of the city. The round trip costs 2.50$.
- Take a private Istanbul food tour. With this exclusive 6 hours walking tour you will have a chance to experience local culture while visiting some local markets, bazaars, and backstreets.The tour takes you off the beaten track so you can sample the real tastes of Istanbul and experience delicious Turkish delicacies you may not have known existed. While discovering local markets you will also gain an overview of Turkish history and culture while appreciating the unique architecture of Istanbul. The tour cost is 75$ and it includes afternoon tea, beverages, breakfast, food tasting, coffee or tea, snacks, a local guide, lunch and bottled water.